Simply put, Sylvia Meléndez-Klinger has a passion for food and cooking. Here's one of her favorite recipes. Enjoy!
Summer Tostada Salad
Bursting with fresh flavors, these tostadas are sure to please. A fresh tomato salad tops corn tortillas layered with lettuce, beans, cheese and avocado.
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup snipped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mild hot sauce (or to taste)
- 8 6-ince corn tortillas
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves, finely shredded
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
In medium bowl, combine tomato, cilantro, onion, lime juice and hot sauce. Set aside.
Place tortillas on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until crispy and golden.
To serve, place 2 tortillas on each of 4 large plates. Divide lettuce, beans, cheese, and avocado evenly over tortillas. Divide tomato mixture over each.
Makes 4 servings