Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Lychee
from Fruits and Veggies More Matters
- Dig in! Get to the fruit by piercing with a fingernail, peeling back half the skin, squeezing out the fruit, then removing the seeds.
- Top Your Salad. Chopped lychee goes great in any salad. Try it in our Lychee Fruit Salad.
- Late Night Treat. Create a brightly colored and sweet compote with lychees, papaya, lime juice, diced mango, carissas, bananas and shredded coconut in our Lychee Fruit Compote —ready in 10 minutes!
- Roll ‘Em. Combine lots of lychees, 1 ½ cups 100% orange juice, 1 ½ cups water, and the juice of one lemon in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour. Once cooled, finely chop lychees and add chopped walnuts and shredded coconut to the mixture. Spread on whole wheat tortillas, pancakes, or flatbread. Roll and enjoy!
- Jam Out! Make a delicious and healthy jam by blending lychee pulp, lemon juice, pineapple juice, apple sauce, and a little cinnamon and sugar! Use as a spread or topping!
- Top Your Breakfast. Top off breakfast with slices of lychee. They’re scrumptious on pancakes, waffles, and whole-grain crapes! Add other fruit such as strawberries and pineapples for a burst of color and flavor!
- Kid-Friendly Snack! Let your kids create their own fruit cocktail masterpiece for an after school snack or dessert. See Recipe
- Stuff Them! Combine fat-free cream cheese, lychee pulp, chopped pecans, a hint of pineapple or orange juice, and shredded coconut. Serve in lychee shells. These make great appetizers and are perfect for the kids to help create too!
- Lychee-Lime Cooler. Combine 8 cups of lychee juice (this can be found at specialty stores), 2 Tbsp lime juice, ½ tsp shredded ginger, and 2 cups diet Fresca soda. Mix together with ice and enjoy!
- A Sweet Main Dish. Prepare lean beef, chicken or pork chops as desired (try seasoning with cumin, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon) and top with a lychee sauce created with lychees, golden raisins, and red onion. See Recipe